Saturday, November 24, 2012

SBS Project Day 9

We're coming to the home stretch now!  Whether you are literally on your 9th day of the (Sexy) Bedroom Sanctuary Project or it has taken you a month or so to get this far, applaud yourself!  You are closer to creating a sexy space that you and your spouse want to be in.

Make bed/do laundry/have your containers.  You get the idea.

Tidy floor, if necessary.

Clean under the furniture.  For many of us (cough...me...cough) this is a very scary thing, but it can be done.  Trust me.  I can nearly guarantee that under your furniture does not look as bad as under mine.  So, here's what you (and I) are going to do.  Figure out how many pieces of furniture you have in your bedroom that need to be decluttered underneath.  For me, I have a desk, nightstand, bed, and wardrobe that will need to be cleaned out from under and behind.  The bed alone is probably going to take a whole day's work.  Therefore, personally I'm going to break it up into a few days if I'm short on time or tired.  You should, too.  If it takes you a week to clean out from under the bed, so what?  It gets done when it gets done.

Do one piece of furniture at a time.  If it's very cluttered, set a timer for a certain amount of time, then stop working when the timer goes off.  Or, decide you'll do half, or a third, or a quarter of a piece of furniture at a time.  Go at your own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment