Thursday, November 15, 2012

SBS Project Day 2

Yesterday, we took out the (obvious) trash, made our beds, thought about new sheets, and laid down the law as to who and what is and is not welcome in our sacred space.  If you haven't finished those things, do those first before moving on.

Try not to do too much in one day.  If you do, you'll just feel wiped out and will stop making progress. There is no shame in breaking up each assignment over multiple days or to do part in the morning and part in the evening.  Go at your own pace.

All that being said, let's talk about the assignments for today.

Make your bed.  We're going to making the bed every day from now on.  I know it may sound a bit silly, but trust me on this.  This little step adds a whole lot to the feel of the room.

Get your containers together.  From now on, while in the process of cleaning and getting rid of all the clutter, we're going to have a trash bag (big or small), a container for donations, and a container (or two) for things that don't belong in the room.  What the container is doesn't matter.  Boxes, bags, baskets, whatever.  Maybe you don't have anything to donate, or all that stuff actually belongs to you.  Adjust accordingly.  Don't do anything with the containers today.  Just have them.

Do some laundry.  Look around.  Do you have clean laundry sitting around your room that needs to be folded and put away?  Do it.  Then put another load into the wash.

2 comments:

  1. I love this whole idea and I too need to get the crap out of my room. Thanks for the motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! It's going well so far, and posting it adds some accountability for me. I can't tell other people to do it if I haven't done it myself!

      Delete